So, I decided to go back to a product I used for years. Mac's eye paint in bare canvas. As I approached the Mac counter, my mind was made up. I knew exactly what I was there for. Until, the oh-so eccentric Mac sales gal suggested a product I wasn't familiar with. That's when she introduced me to Prep + Prime 24 hour extend eye base. I was reluctant at first but thought, why not? I'm always looking for the next best thing, right? I didn't have high hopes and figured I'd be returning it in a few short days, especially since I knew the eye paint was tried and true. I couldn't have been more wrong. I fell in love with this product. It checks all the boxes and helps me achieve the solid, non-oily foundation I used to enjoy with Urban Decay.
Here are a few reasons why I love this product as well as a few tips for using it.
Why I love it:
1. It goes on creamy but dries nicely as a matte.
2. It's color neutral. Actually, it dries clear. No picking colors or worrying how it will go with your eye shadow color.
3. It's affordable--only $22!
Some tips for using this product:
1. Use a generous amount. The first few times I used it, I didn't use enough of it and as a result, it didn't provide that solid foundation I was looking for.
2. Let it dry completely before applying your eye shadow. I usually apply it then move on to blush and Touche Eclat to give it a few extra seconds to dry.
3. Remember that it's clear in color so you may want to apply a neutral base color. I use this one.