Hi friends! Happy Tuesday! I was thrilled to be "tagged" in Simply Sarah Style's "Getting to Know You" game! So let's get to it...here's how it works.
1. You must post the rules
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions to ask the people you have tagged
5. Tag 11 bloggers and link them to your post
6. Let the bloggers know they have been tagged
11 Fun Facts About Me:
1. I'm totally addicted to reality TV. Sad, but true.
2. I'm a former pageant girl (see that post here).
3. Since I was born and raised in Savannah, GA, I am totally obsessed with all things nautical and coastal. I can't help it. It's in my blood. My home is filled with nautical decor. It's my little retreat.
4. I love sending handwritten notes to friends and family for no reason other than to say "hello."
5. I was on the opening team for the Georgia Aquarium, the largest aquarium in the world. I also served as the "voice" of the Aquarium. I recorded the entire phone messaging and ticketing system.
6. I never changed my major. I always knew I wanted to work in Public Relations and Marketing. I majored in PR and minored in Marketing.
7. I adore traveling and exploring new cuisines. My favorite cuisine is Mexican. Italian is a close second.
8. I have an unhealthy relationship with my Mac Book Pro. Best. Thing. Ever.
9. Being a vocalist, I used to enter karaoke contests while in college to win extra spending money.
10. I rode and showed horses for over ten years.
11. I love anything sour or tart, especially candy!
11 Questions From Sarah:
1. What made you want to start a blog? I started a blog for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, I love to write. Starting a blog gave me an outlet for that. Secondly, it's a great way for family and friends near and far, to keep up with the Husband and me. Before starting a blog of my own, I read a ton of blogs and last summer, I decided to start my own.
2. What are your top three blogs to read? I have many favorites but if I had to pick the top three, they would include Simply Sarah Style, Monograms and Manicures, and Analyze This.
3. What are your favorite things to "pin" on Pinterest? I love, love, love to pin fabulous fashion, home decor and recipes.
4. Where are your favorite places to shop for home decor? I love to shop at Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, World Market and of course TJ Maxx/HomeGoods.
5. Where are your favorite places to shop for clothing bargains? TJ Maxx/Ross/Marshalls, Macy's clearance rack, and Target.
6. What are your favorite color combinations? Pink and Green, Navy and White, Turquoise and Pink/Coral. Pretty much anything paired with Pink, I love!
7. Do you collect anything? Wine and champagne corks. I hope to make a cork board soon.
8. What is your favorite thing to cook/bake? Anything in the crock pot, cookies and cupcakes (although I don't bake much in fear of over consumption on my part!)
9. In what ways do you connect with other bloggers? When I find a blogger I really like, I will usually drop them an email to let them know how much I enjoy their blog. Everyone loves to get a nice email! I also really enjoy commenting on their posts.
10. What is your favorite holiday? Easter. Always has been, always will be. I just love it!
11. What, if any, is the most recent thing you have made from Pinterest? I made this!
11 Questions for My Tagees:
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
2. What one thing can you not get enough of right now?
3. What's your idea of a perfect weekend?
4. Have you ever met any of the bloggers you follow?
5. If you could do anything other than what you are currently doing career-wise, what would it be?
6. What's your favorite childhood memory?
7. What do you allow yourself to splurge on?
8. In the last year, what accomplishment are you most proud of?
9. What is your favorite food?
10. What are your top three favorite songs on your ipod right now?
11. Do you have any home improvement projects planned for 2012 and if so, what are they?
My 11 Tagees:
1. Analyze This
2. Pink Champagne
3. Monograms and Manicures
4. New England Girl in Pearls
5. Seashells and Southern Belles
6. Summer Wind
7. Monograms and Martinis in Manhattan/Boston
8. A Little Dash of Ash
9. Style Me Swanky
10. Your Southern Peach
11. The Company She Keeps
A great BIG thanks to Sarah at Simply Sarah Style for inviting me to play! I hope y'all have as much fun with this as I did!